Our work has been in the news, and local media outlets have also featured our team in interviews!
Note: Until our Society’s launch in August 2023, we were known as the Singapore Birds Project.
- The Straits Times: New online database details rare bird species in Singapore, featuring our Singapore Bird Database
- CNA: Behind the Singapore Bird Project, a conversation about our initiative to document the birds of Singapore
- Lianhe Zaobao: 新加坡野鸟会成立 促进本地鸟类保育工作, featuring our Launch
- CNA: Commentary: Should we be worried about mandarin ducks and parakeets squeezing out Singapore’s native birds?
- The Straits Times: A visit to Kranji Marshes: Rise of invasive birds in Singapore, also featuring our Society’s ambitions
News outlets have also included comments from our members in their stories, and cited information from our online resources:
- The Straits Times: Beautiful shorebirds make debut on mainland Singapore
- The Straits Times: Choa Chu Kang parakeets a draw but detrimental to local ecosystem: Experts
- The Straits Times: Rare cinereous vulture sighted in S’pore for the first time; under vet care at Jurong Bird Park
- The Straits Times: Fantastic comeback birds and where to find them in Singapore
- SilverKris: Why birdwatching could be the next big thing in Singapore
- Mothership: 21 pied stilts appear on S’pore mainland for the first time
- Mothership: Endangered White-crowned hornbill visits Chek Jawa, possibly 1st sighting of wild individual in S’pore
- Mothership: Never-seen-before Cinereous vulture & 5 Himalayan Griffon vultures gather at S’pore Botanic Gardens
- Mothership: Extremely exhausted Cinereous vulture crash landed near Farrer Road
- Mothership: Rare woodpecker at S’pore Botanic Gardens draws crowd, groom leaves wedding to take photo
- Mothership: Migratory bird Spotted flycatcher sighted in S’pore for the first time, likely due to ‘navigation error’
- 8World: “神雕”出没狮城？ 观鸟爱好者：第一次在本地看见！